Monday, February 3, 2014

Comcast issues update

2/3/14 Update. 

The Comcast tech came out, as expected found nothing - all signals good, everything good.  He was nice enough to call around a few people and they confirmed they are seeing the packet loss I am seeing (at the same time when I see it).  One interesting finding - I can reliably observe packet loss and high latency when running the upstream portion of the Comcast speed test.  I believe this points to a capacity constraint on the upstream channels.

The tech also mentioned that in the last two weeks he's seen several people complain about the same issue, and he's always been unable to find anything wrong, and they have not been happy about it.  He thanked me for being nice and not taking it out on him.

I exchanged voicemails with someone in the Executive Customer Support, whatever that is.  We'll see if that yields any results.  

No comments: